Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cheers!

Listened to a discussion tonight on the phenomenon of the "emotional hangover", in which one indulges in negative emotions like hate, envy, anger--whatever negativity you can think up for yourself, and then feels even WORSE afterwords.  

I've been swimming in bad attitudes during the past week...anxiety, procrastination, and feeling generally negative about myself.  The emotional hangover is coming soon,
I can see it on the horizon. 

 I tell myself it's not good for me, I promise to stop it,
and I keep falling back into the same old pattern. 

People shake their heads and question my sanity as I let things get to the brink of disaster and then try to pull it off.  

Sound familiar?   If procrastination were Chardonnay ... I'd be so drunk right now.  


--ks

No comments:

Post a Comment

looking for something?